Homemade Mango Ice Cream Using Blender

April 27, 2015 2 Comments A+ a-


Yesterday, I still had 2 more mangoes left from last week's sale where I bought 11 mangoes at S$0.89 each *wide grin*. After spending a whole morning last week making mango sago dessert (recipe here) and pecan pie (recipe here), I wanted to make something faster but as refreshingly yummy last evening.

I then decided to make mango ice cream which turned out to be great. It took me about half hour to prepare, after which I left it to freeze overnight. The thought of going home to homemade healthy ice cream kept me happy throughout the day.

Yup, and as I can sure you can guess correctly - what was the first thing I did when I came back? I opened the freezer, and there was my healthy mango ice cream waiting for me at home on an otherwise dreary Monday. YAY!!! :)

Recipe
Yield: 1 big bowl of ice cream (about 15 to 20 scoops)

Ingredients
2 cups of diced mangoes (500g or 2 medium-sized mangoes)
30g honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lime
140g coconut yoghurt (I replaced with mango yoghurt instead, coz that's what I only had at home) 


Directions
1. Dice the mangoes.
 

2. Blend the diced mangoes first. Then, add the rest of the ingredients into the mango puree and blend together at low speed until smooth.


This is the consistency you should yield. But don't overmix, as the heat from the blade may kill some vitamins.

3. Pour mango mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and cling-wrap tightly. Freeze overnight.

Tip: If you can, use an airtight container. I was too excited last night and didn't wrap properly after opening the cling-wrap to check on it. The ice cream then become a little icey, a bit like a sorbet (though just as great) :p

 

4. After waiting patiently, you are now ready to serve. Enjoy! :)



If you have tried this recipe too, share your photos with us. We are happy to feature them!
Instagram: @TheHedgehogKnows


2 comments

Write comments
Healthytips
AUTHOR
30 May 2020 at 20:11 delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
Healthytips
AUTHOR
30 May 2020 at 20:12 delete

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about mango ice cream. Please keep sharing.
Health Is A Life

Reply
avatar