[Recipe] Bak Kwa/ Barbequed Pork Jerky Pizza Using Airfryer

September 23, 2017 2 Comments A+ a-


Making pizzas in the airfryer has been on my to-do list for a while. While I can always make my own dough, procrastination has been stopping me from doing just that. 

When I came across Mission Food's new ready-made pizza crusts (available in plain and wholemal flavours), I decided to give it a try. After all, this brand is really established for their wraps and flatbreads, so why not?

Eventually, my pizza was done in under 15 minutes and the result was a really nice and crispy pizza. If you like Pizza Hut's thin-crust pizzas or Skinny Pizza, you will love this.

I decided to give an Asian spin to my pizza, so here's my Bak Kwa (Barbequed Pork Jerky) Pizza recipe using the airfryer. This would make a really nice fusion Chinese New Year dish too! The thing about bak kwa is that it is usually very well-roasted with some burnt parts, so do be careful with the temperature settings.

Pizzas make really convenient dishes as it is possible to just throw in whatever ingredients you can find in the fridge, and it would still taste great.  Let me know what you have added to your pizza and show me how it turns out! :)

Bak Kwa (BBQ Pork Jerky) Pizza Recipe

Yield: 1 six-inch pizza

Ingredients
1 ready-made pizza crust
Tomato paste
Grated mozzarella/ parmesan cheese (I used sliced cheese as that was all I have at home)
5 mini coin bak kwa slices


Directions
1) Preheat.
Preheat airfryer at 160 degrees for 4 min.

2) Resize (if required).
If the pizza crust is too large to fit your airfryer, run a knife round the edges of your plate to resize it to your requirement.

The crust should now be able to fit the plate snugly:

3) Spread.
Generously spread a layer of tomato paste on the pizza crust. Airfry at 160 degrees for 5 min. 

This extra step makes the pizza crust really crispy!

4) Melt.
Add cheese on top of the tomato paste. Airfry at 160 degrees for another 3 min.

5) Fill.
Fill the pizza with bak kwa, and then more cheese. Airfry at 160 degrees for another 3 min.

Before:

After:

6) Top.
Top the pizza with baby tomatoes (or other leafy vegetables such as argula). Serve hot and crispy!

If you have tried this recipe too, share your photos with us!
Facebook: @TheHedgehogKnows
Instagram: @TheHedgehogKnows
Pin for later: @HedgehogSg

2 comments

Write comments
6 February 2018 at 18:11 delete

I have never cooked pizza with best outdoor deep fryers, but I will! I hope that it will taste amazing.

Reply
avatar
tegek
AUTHOR
14 April 2020 at 16:15 delete

What would you reckon the best way to use frozen puff pastry sheets as a pizza base.

Reply
avatar